Tuesday, February 2, 2010

The Stranger

The Stranger concludes us with the overwhelming sense of absurdism. Is there real purpose to any of our lives? If there isn’t then what is there that’s worth living for? I think it depends on who the person is, but there is love. I have deviated off my question throughout the year, and since making this connection is going to be a stretch I’m going to do the best I can.

I know that the love of my family and friends has been incredibly important in my life. I wouldn’t be able to live without them, and they are essential to my being. If a person doesn’t have anyone to care about then it seems that there would be less of a meaning in life. So, I’m going to call this a lack of love in his life and make it a cause of his downfall. He clearly didn’t feel any sorrow for his mother’s passing, and he certainly didn’t lie to himself or anyone else about his feelings. However, if we could look back on his past what would it look like? Does it include and father and a healthy relationship with his family? I’m going to guess that it doesn’t. Without the essential building blocks of a healthy loving relationship with family, there is no way that a person could go beyond that and have a strong relationship with another human being. This lack of love, keeps him for loving Marie and finding any other kind of meaning in his life. So there, take that AP psychology.

No comments:

Post a Comment